QR OD, May 29

I know I haven't been active in blogging, but I just want to share my experience on attending my very first OD.

I didn't really plan on going, but a blogger friend (Mai) insisted that I should try it just so I know how it goes.

Come May 29th, I woke up 3:30 am, took a bath, fixed my hair and applied make-up. It was my second time to apply full make-up on my own (first was for the required photos) . I was not sure what I was doing - if I looked okay or if I looked like an Espasol with all the amount of concealer, BB cream, foundation and powder that I was using! LOL

Anyway, I finished prep at around 7am. Mai and I agreed to meet at exactly 7am in front of Diamond hotel, but, we were both running late so we decided to adjust it to 7:30. To make the story short, I was 20 mins late.. where are those friggin' cabs when you need them??

When we arrived there, I was not sure where to go. Mai just lead the way! LOL We met Joanne, Diane (if I remembered correctly) and another girl (forgot her name). There were already a lot of applicants waiting in the lobby and 2nd floor. Approx 8:30am, IPAMS and the hotel personnel told everybody to go to the ballroom hall (we were able to get seats, yey!).

9:00am - ROs arrived and told us that the CV submission will start 9:15am. I finally saw Ms Rocel of IPAMS - she was way younger than I expected.

There were 4 ROs seated in front. One by one, we submitted our CV and stood in front of the RO to answer their questions. I submitted my CV to the lady with full bangs. She was nice but I was already so nervous that I could not smile without my lips shaking.

RO: Hello!
me: Hello! Goodmorning! (smile. shake. smile. shake. smile. fidget.. fidget... smile. )
RO: (after scanning through my CV) So, (insert my name here) ... Are you working right now?
me: Yes. I am a blah blah.. (smile. fidget. smile..)
RO: Why do you want to leave?
me: Because I've always wanted to become a blah blah blah...
RO: Did you memorize your line?
me: Excuse me? :D (leaning closer, pretending that I didn't hear what she said)
RO: Did you memorize your line in front of the mirror? :D
me. ..... ahhh.. YES! LOL
(I didn't notice if the RO laughed, but Mai said she did.)
RO: OK. Thank you!
me: Thank YOU! I look forward to hearing from you! (kapal ng fes! LOL)

In short, it was a very funny experience.. But, I'm really glad that I finally got to experience this. I am very grateful for Mai. I've been putting my FA applications on hold because of my scars, but now, I can't wait for the next QR OD!

In case you're still wondering if I got the "golden call"... I didn't. But, I am very thankful that the RO gave me a clue instead of letting me go without even telling me why I won't be shortlisted for the next day's AD.

Hmm.. what else.. Oh! I heard one of the ROs only asked one or 2 closed questions:
Is this your first time applying for Qatar?
Do you have previous cabin crew experience?

Overall, even though I was not shortlisted, I am happy. can't wait til July and I'm excited for Cebu! It will be my first time there so I'm crossing my fingers, hoping that I will be able to save up for the trip.

Sorry I don't have photos. I didnt bring my cam, even if I did, I won't remember to take pictures since I was so anxious the whole time. :D

Hope this helps!

1 comments:

randy said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Chasing My Wings All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes